SEW is a week where we have chapel three times a week. A special pastor comes and speaks. Our pastor this year was really funny. His name was Rudy. He was from New Jersey, USA. I learned a lot! He told a story about a picture. It was an evil looking guy who was playing chess with a scared looked guy. The title of the painting was 'Checkmate'. A person was looking at the picture and he thought it didn't make sense. Then he figured it out. ''But the King still has one more move,'' he said. So it isn't checkmate. That is the same in our life when we think that it is a 'checkmate'; the King still has one more move. He told lots of stories like that. There were also night services. I went to two out of three night services. It was a very amazing week and I mostly learned that you should act today instead of saying that you will do it later. I also learned a lot about how when you are going through hard times it is just bringing you closer to God. He is also shaping you for later in your life.
| Elizabeth and I in our living room. |
No comments:
Post a Comment