Monday, 9 September 2013

First Month of School, by Hannah

In case any reader doesn't know, this year is my first year of high school.  Being a freshman is really scary sometimes. At first I was aware that everyone is so much taller than me but I think that I am starting to get used to being smaller than almost everybody when I am walking in the high school areas. I think I will survive this school year.  For high school at Dalat everyone gets iPads.  I got my iPad from my parents who bought one this summer for me to use.  This technology is a huge distraction sometimes and even a nuisance because of Internet connection problems.   In my English class, we get disconnected almost every day from the Internet in the middle of class causing people to have trouble completing in-class homework assignments and quizzes.  I am adjusting to that well enough.  Also, being the youngest one in the entire high school is scary because everyone is so much older and smarter.  (I am actually the youngest in my entire freshman class so I am the youngest high school student.) I am having fun with some of the clubs that are offered to high school students only.  I have joined the Ambassadors worship team.  (We, as a worship team, are leading worship at the oldest Anglican church in Southeast Asia tomorrow which is about a 20 minute drive from here.)  I am also taking music theory for x-block (which is the mandatory extra-curricular period at the end of each school day).  We get a lot of music theory homework which is really hard but I chose to take it because it interests me.  In my academic classes I am getting a lot more homework. But I am enjoying the challenge that that has proved to be.  I am also starting with a new piano teacher.  She is a relatively new teacher who just moved to Penang and she has almost no students.   We'll see how that turns out.  Well, I guess it is a year of new things for me.
This is me on my first day of Grade 9

No comments:

Post a Comment