Sunday, 26 January 2014

Christmas Banquet, by Hannah

          Christmas Banquet was definitely one of the highlights of my quarter.  Christmas Banquet was on December 5th.  It was great to have a break from the stresses of final exams.  The day of Christmas Banquet was very long. We had a full day of school beforehand. We had a lot of quizzes that day too.  I got home after school and had to get ready almost right away from about 4 to 6 o'clock, including getting my hair curled. I met my friends at school and we headed over to Paradise Hotel for the banquet. As part of the tradition of C.B. we are supposed to give our dates Christmas gifts. Another tradition that sometimes happens is that students bring gifts for the poor; all the students in Grade 9 had to bring a towel to give away. For my date I got him some Smarties and a weird Santa Claus memory stick.  We all put our presents on a table near the door.  At my table were Sarah and Kyle, Kimberly and Joel, Bena and Katie, Lars and me. We all are good friends and eat lunch together at school. Then the Grinch made an appearance on the projector screens in the banquet hall announcing our presents for one another were stolen. We then had dinner.  The banquet food was okay but the time we had to hang out was better.  There was Malay food and some seafood too.  The dessert like puddings and Malaysian jello and cake was really good but I didn't have much because I didn't want to look fat.  After dinner we had to complete lots of games to get our presents back including the most ridiculous game in which some boys who had their names drawn had to come up on stage,  tie an open box of jingle bells on their waist and twerk (wiggle their bum) in order to get the jingle bells out. One game that our table group won was a game in which we had three cards and three cups. We had to stack them on top of each other and pull the cards out so that the cups land in each other.  It was really hard but we won when we got a hint from the high school principal. This hint was to flick them out quickly. Finally the games ended and we had time for pictures.   Finally after much socializing it was time to go home.   I got some Toblerones as a present from the guy I was going with.  We all walked back together as a great end to the evening. Yeah! Next year, though, I might go on my own unless a boy who I have a really big crush on asks me.  

Sarah is on the left and behind her is Kyle, her date.  Behind Kyle is Katie and beside her is Bena (in the black shirt) who was her date.  Kimberly is on the right in the front and behind her is her date, Joel.  You can see me in the blue dress and my date, Lars, is behind me in the black shirt.  We are standing in front of one of the dorms.
Here is another picture of us.
Off we go to the hotel for our banquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment