Saturday, 31 May 2014

Introducing Our Newest Family Member, Jasper

We have adopted a pet guinea pig.  His name is Jasper although I prefer to think of him as Jazz Buhr.  The middle school teacher who we got him from is moving back to the U.S. and had to find a new home for him.  At a family meeting it was unanimous (even Garth) that we have him.
This is a common kind of grass here and Jasper likes it the best of all his food.  And it is free for the picking.
His birthday is March 21 and he was about 8 weeks old when we got him.  I would never have thought we would ever have a guinea pig as a pet, not that I was opposed to having one as a pet but rather that I would not have thought they were appealing.  But one look at this little guy and we all could not resist.

Some of his habits include doing 180 degree turns in the air, kicking the sawdust out of his cage, upsetting his water bottle, and hiding under the bush in our front yard.

P.G. Content Below:
Jasper had a sister I informally named 'Autopsy'.  When she was about 5 or 6 weeks old she was used as a science dissection.  The teacher broke her femur which caused her to bleed internally.  She died in 20 seconds.  
This is his former owner explaining Jasper's care to Elizabeth (in my classroom)

Going for a ride on a pennyboard
"Helping" Hannah do homework

No comments:

Post a Comment