Saturday, 17 January 2015

School Newsletter - February 28, 2014

Every week I email a newsletter to parents to let them know of upcoming events, to inform them of what units and topics were presented that week, and I always include some pictures I took during the week.

This newsletter is from awhile ago but it shows some great moments from our class chapel last year.  The students performed some songs for the rest of the elementary students and parents who came.  They also acted out three vignettes - Joshua and the walls of Jericho (the stacked brown boxes in the pictures below is the wall the falls over), Esther approaching the king that ultimately ended in the demise of Haman, and a little bit from the life of Samson (one of my personal heros from the Bible).  Some students also wrote short scripts and then presented them about how they have trusted God in their own lives.  The theme of the chapel was on trusting God.  I was so proud of them in their presentation of this message.


No comments:

Post a Comment