On March 28, we had Service Day. For Service Day
we had orphanage kids come and we did things for them. They were all ages from about 6-18 years old. Kalia, a girl in my class, had a 16 year old boy. I had a 10 year old boy that I was matched up with that I made a card for. The first
thing we did was we went to the Student Center and we gave them our cards we
made for them. My card was very simple because I did not really have much decoration because I was more busy practicing the skit. Then we had worship with
them and we did actions to the songs. We did not know the songs but the orphanage kids knew the songs. After, a few people and I went to do a skit
about the Good Samaritan. The skit was modernized to make it more
interesting. The man in the skit who was walking was a banker. The two people walking
by were a religious leader and a president. Instead of a Samaritan
helping the man it was a hobo. Instead of an innkeeper there
was "Mabel's Bed and Breakfast". There were also two police
officers, gangsters as the robbers, and two detectives. In the skit I was a police officer and a religious leader. After the skit was
finished we split up into groups and we went to the different stations
that the other student set up. The stations were games, crafts, and sports. At the craft station there was the chance to make toilet paper ninjas, do nail art and face paint. At the game station there was a treasure hunt, video games, and Dan Ball, which is a game where you are trying to get a ball to the other side. At the sport station there was soccer, hockey, and basketball. After going to one of the stations we had a snack and
then we went to the other two kinds of stations. After everything we had lunch and we let them eat in the
cafeteria. The kids really enjoyed everything. After that we took a group photo
and then we had time to do whatever we wanted. I went with a little girl, who was about 10 years old, to the swings and we swung together. She knew no English so it was hard to communicate. Overall
the day was really fun and I really enjoyed it because I got to hang out with the girl.
| This is what the kids looked like but I do not think they are the same kids. |
No comments:
Post a Comment