Sunday, 23 April 2017

Kate's Easter Baptism

On Sunday, April 16th, Kate was baptized!  It was at Dalat in the ocean (the school is on the ocean - the Andaman Sea part of the Indian Ocean) at a 7:00 sunrise service.  She gave a short testimony about why she wanted to be baptized.  Here is how it went:

Kate is in the pink shirt.  The man speaking is the school chaplain

Kate giving her testimony.  Here it is:
I gave my life to Jesus at five years old.  I was mostly following what my parents had told me and I did not really decide for myself if I was going to follow God.  That changed for me in 4th grade when my parents told me they were moving to Malaysia.  I was shocked and sad.  I did not know where Malaysia was and so I did not really think that this would ever help me and that I was leaving a lot behind.  When I arrived in Malaysia till now I realized that my parents sacrifice in moving to Malaysia and difference between here and Canada has really shaped me.  Moving to Malaysia made me make a lot of hard decisions.  One of the decisions that I had to make was that whether Christianity was mine or if I was just following what my parents were telling me.   From 4th grade till now I think that my relationship with God is not just for my parents but my own. I have gotten to know how much God loves me and what his plans are for me through MEW and SEW.  I decided to get baptized today because when I heard about baptism, I felt like God was telling me to get baptized.  I used to think that you had to be the best person that you could be to get baptized but now I realize that God accepts me into his family no matter how much I have sinned.  One of the verses that I really like is Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Kate asked Miss Wood (the middle school principal who was also formerly Kate's mentor) to give a word of encouragement

Kimberly (one of Hannah's closest friends) giving a word of encouragement to Kate

Ruthie (one of Kate's closest friends) giving a word of encouragement


A couple from the school who have been influential in Kate's life as encouragers










No comments:

Post a Comment