Sunday, 11 November 2012

My worst fear come true :)

     Well, it can't get much worse than this :)  You may know how scared I am of cockroaches.  I told Aimee yesterday I can take pretty much anything (a poisonous snake hiding behind lockers outside my classroom, snails the size of Kate's palm, a large spider a student brought to school and stored accidently - in a jar thankfully at least - in my classroom over the weekend that succumbed to its neglect, even a rat in my classroom ceiling) but cockroaches I can not abide.  While doing my worst chore yesterday - laundry - I accidently stepped on a cockroach.  Now those critters are really hard to catch as they move fast so how it happened that I put my heel directly on one without even know it was there, I'll never know!  Garth was the true gentleman.  He cleaned off my heel, disposed of the flattened carcas, and took a picture of the critter with its body juices spread on our laundry room floor.





No comments:

Post a Comment