Sunday, 27 October 2013

My Mizi's Birthday Dinner and Para-sailing, by Kate

On Sunday, September 22, I went to Mizi's for my birthday dinner.  Mizi's is located at Tesco where we usually shop upstairs for our groceries.  We always go out for a special dinner on our birthday.  In our family, the person who is having a birthday can pick any restaurant to go out to eat.  I got to pick Mizi's which is a fancier restaurant because in our family a 10th birthday is really special.  The meal at Mizi's was really great.  I chose hot green tea for my drink, mushroom soup for my appetizer and lasagna for my main course.  At Mizi's if you order the special meal deal you get to eat as much ice cream as you want.  I tried mixing different kinds of ice cream and it tasted really good.  Two of the flavours I mixed were mint chocolate chip and chocolate.  Other flavours of ice cream were strawberry, corn, yam, and vanilla.  I didn't try corn or yam.    

The next Sunday afternoon I went para-sailing.  Para-sailing was my birthday present from my mom and dad.  I also got a book.  Para-sailing is a great thing to try.  Before I went I was so scared but when I got to the beach I started to get really excited.  I would be the second person to go para-sailing in our family; my dad was the first.  I got strapped into the harness with one of the para-sailing workers (because I was too young or too small to go by myself).  Then I started getting even more excited.  I would get to be in the air.  When I got in the air I figured out that only a rope was holding onto me.  I felt like I was flying.  The people in the water looked like little figures when I looked down into the water.   The land looked like a mini play land.  When we finally set down I was sad that it ended so quickly.  If I get to do it again I would bring my camera so I could take pictures although the wind was really strong so it might carry my camera away.





This is me after para-sailing.  Now I know that para-sailing is really awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment