Sunday, 20 October 2013

Spiritual Mentors, by Kate

One Wednesday I headed down to the chapel.  I sat down and soon after chapel started.  I had a fun time singing praises.   Pastor Tom told us that there would be an opportunity to have a spiritual mentor.  What is a spiritual mentor?  A spiritual mentor is where you can meet with someone and you can talk to them about GOD and pray with them.  Pastor Tom told us that he would send us an email about it.  A few days ago I showed my mom the email and I wanted to have a spiritual mentor because I want to know even more about God and I want to see where my faith is, and my mom said yes.  The email said that you could choose your top three people to have as your spiritual mentor but at first I chose my top four people to think about it.  Today I eliminated one of them and I sent the email to Pastor Tom.  Here were my top three choices for people:

1. Mrs. Tayas                                     2. Ms. Geiman                                              3. Mrs. Munson

I know Mrs. Tayas because she is my Eureka leader (after school club) of Passport Club.  (In Passport Club we learn about where all the countries in the world are.)  I chose her because she is a really good person to get to know.   I know Ms. Geiman because she is my language arts teacher.  I chose her because she knows a lot about GOD.  I know Mrs. Munson because she is my Health and P.E. teacher.  I chose her because she and I are really alike.   Also, last year, she was my Gardening Club leader.  When I sent the email I knew that Pastor Tom would receive the email and I hope he will try to pare me up with one of those people.  He might not because all the people might be taken by other students.  Whoever he will pare me up with we will try and find times to meet that work with us both.  I really hope I can get one of those three ladies as a spiritual mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment