I wanted to mention that my highlights in Kuala Lumpur were going to the shopping mall at the bottom of the Petronas Towers (the tallest twin towers in the world now that the New York World Trade Center is no longer) and going to Central Market, which reminded me of Granville Island Market in Vancouver. At the Central Market we saw Malaysian dances. I also liked going to Malacca and learning about the history there, feeding monkeys and seeing a firefly habitat at night. But I tried one thing in Kuala Lumpur that I have never done before. When we went to Central Market I got a fish spa. A fish spa is when you place your feet in a fish tank and fish come and nibble the dead skin off your feet. You put your feet in the water for about 10 minutes. I had seen it before in other parts of Malaysia and Thailand, but I always felt it was very expensive. But I decided to have it done in Kuala Lumpur because the price was only 5 Ringgit, which is about $1.66 Canadian. The process was a bit painful, but also very ticklish. My feet felt very soft for a couple of days after it was over. Eileen and the girls laughed a lot seeing me have this experience (gut-busting laughing). Kate thought she would want to try it too sometime.
 |
| The Fish Spa was painful at first, but then became more ticklish as I got used to it. |
 |
| This is what it looks like with all the fish nibbling at your feet |
Wow Garth! What a neat thing to try! But is your face expressing pain or laughter in this pic? Very funny!
ReplyDeleteThe Browns :-)