Sunday, 7 April 2013

Kuala Lumpur, by Kate

The trip to KL was good.  It was a long trip on the bus but no one threw up.  When we arrived it took a while to find our hotel because there were lots of twists and turns in Chinatown.  We finally found it and we checked in.  Then we went to find dinner.  I had fried rice.  After dinner we went to have a good night's sleep.  It felt like a short day because we traveled so long.  The next day we had breakfast.  The breakfast was really good.  I had donuts! Then up we went to have a tour of KL. My favorite things we went to on the tour was the old and new king's palace and the Petronas Towers.  After we went to a chocolate store that had a couple of trees outside that had chocolate pods on them.  We also went to a museum where we got to play games and make bookmarks in a discovery room there.    We hailed a taxi and the taxi drove us back to our hotel.  Then we had dinner.  The next day I woke up really early.  We had breakfast.  I had slimy noodles.  I call them slimy noodles because they are easy to slip in your mouth.  We went to KLCC which is a mall at the bottom of the Petronas Towers.  Then we went on a tour to some Batu Caves.  There was a Hindu temple there.  Then we fed some monkeys at a fort.  The monkeys were nice.  They climbed up you to get the food.  We had dinner and it was delicious.  I tried a tiny bit of steamed clams, ate some squid, and other fish.  After it only turned better.  We got to see fireflies.  One firefly landed on someone in our group and it was so small.  We went to our hotel tired.  We had multy-grain hoops (like Cheerios) for breakfast the next morning.  Our family had a day trip to Malacca.  It had lots of history.  We were supposed to get a tour of Malacca but the driver drove away so we called the company and it sent the driver back while we ate a small snack.  We finally got our tour.  Some of the places we went were St. Paul's Church (the first church built in Malacca which is 502 years old) and Jonker Street where there was an old shophouse.  The tour guide at the shophouse said if it was uneven roofs then that was not a British-ruled city.  The British like to have their roofs even like in Georgetown close to where we live.  In Malacca the roofs were even because the Dutch built them. Then we went to our hotel and had our last dinner in KL.  Then we woke up and we left KL.  I liked Malacca the most of all the trips because it had the most history that we visited. I hope I can go back again to Malacca.
In front of a cocoa pod tree outside Beryl's Chocolate Store.
Picture of a cocoa pod (the oval "seeds").
Kate and Elizabeth with some Malaysian dancers.
Kate and Elizabeth wearing purple robes, so we could go into the State Mosque.



Kate standing with the guard at the Old King's Palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment