This is what I do almost every single school day every week. Enjoy!
6:30 - I wake up and get ready in the morning.
About 7:30 - I come downstairs from my room to have breakfast. I usually have a piece of toast for breakfast along with some fruit like kiwi and maybe a packet of biscuits which are technically cookies (shhh, don't tell my mom).
7:30 to 7:50 - We leave to go to school. It is about a 4-5 minute drive. Sometimes I walk a little bit earlier (at about 7:30) with my mom.
8:00 to 8:15 - I play basketball in the courts or hang out at the library with my friends.
8:15 - The first bell rings signalling the start of the school day. My first class is S.A.T. which stands for Student Advisory Team. In my S.A.T. there are about 10 of us who meet in my Grade 8 English teacher's classroom and pray, hear announcements and talk together about topics that are like the theme of the day. An example of a theme might be watching funny videos to just laugh about, or it might be a short video about Christianity or bullying, or sometimes the teacher reads a story that we all talk about after
8:30 - Everyone switches from S.A.T. to Bible class. In Bible class we usually learn about how a Bible character applies to our lives. (Every Wednesday we have a chapel service instead.) An example is that we learned about some of Jesus's disciples.
9:15 - We switch to Science class. In Science class the teacher uses a very lecture teaching style, so science class can be very hard because it is easy to zone out. In Science we are learning about radiation right now.
10:05 - We switch to Pre-Algebra class. This class is very hard. (Our class average is probably a D.) Right now it is all about polynomials.
10:55 - We switch to Band class. This class is really, really boring. I still play the trumpet; this is my 3rd year.
11:45 - We switch to P.E. some days and Health other days. P.E. is an easy 'A' but Health is very hard. In P.E. we are doing badminton right now and preparing for fitness testing which includes a timed mile run. This is the last time I will do fitness testing because I don't have to take P.E. in high school. In Health we are learning about communicable diseases.
12:35 - We switch to Lunch. Finally!
1:25 - Lunch ends :( We go to Social Studies next. This class can be boring if you don't listen in class. If you listen then you actually learn stuff. We are currently learning about World War II.
2:15 - English class starts. This teacher is quite strict. We are learning about memorandums. I did a memorandum to do with The Hobbit.
3:05 - Classes officially end and X-Block starts. X-Block is when we have clubs. Right now on Monday I do climbing on ropes in the gym. It is a Caving club and we are going to go caving at the end of the year up near the Thailand border. It is led by my Science teacher. On Tuesday I have a required Study Hall. On Wednesday I do Basketball which is coached by my Social Studies teacher. On Thursday, we have a required Study Hall and on Friday we have an all Middle School fun time. We might have a gross food eating contest or we put make-up on each other especially the boys, or there might be a play or talent show put on by some students.
3:45- X-Block ends signalling the end of the school day. At that time people are allowed to change out of uniform but dress code still applies, ie modesty. I usually go and practice my trumpet for 20 minutes.
About 4:30 - I finish practicing and go to the computer lab or I go home and practice piano. Or I go to a sports practice that lasts until 5:30.
5:30 - The off campus bell rings, signalling for all the day students to get off campus except on Fridays when day students can stay on campus until 10:00 because there is fun events on Fridays. The 5:30 signals dinner for the dorm students.
About 6:00 - We go out for dinner. We usually go to Hillside Stalls and have some yummy food.
7:00 to 8:00 - We get home from dinner.
7:00 to about 10:00 - I do homework and go to bed. If I didn't go home to play piano before dinner I also have to play piano.
9:00 to 10:00- I usually end up going to sleep at about this time.
As you can see my day is very, very busy. But at the same time it is a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment