On April 25 to 27, I went on a retreat with my 8th grade class to Langkawi. I had a lot of fun and got very little sleep. On the first day, I had to be at school at seven o'clock in the morning. We took a bus from the school to the ferry, then took a ferry to the floating dock at Pulau Payar. The floating dock was next to Pulau Payar Island but not connected to it. We immediately went into the water to snorkel. It was a lot of fun snorkeling all day, but it was even more exciting when the tourists left because we had the entire floating dock to ourselves. We had dinner, hung out with each other, and had a group reflection time in which we filled out a booklet. The booklet was about thinking about our time in Middle School and what we think about High School. We then attempted to go to sleep on the most uncomfortable surface ever - the dock. The class that went before us called the surface the cheese grater because that was what it actually felt like. I didn't sleep hardly at all that night because it was so uncomfortable. The next morning we woke up and did a beach clean up. After we finished we snorkeled the rest of the day. We left that afternoon and took the ferry to Langkawi. When we got to Langkawi, we took the bus to our hotel room. We then went to dinner and walked through the night market near our hotel. We had to be in our rooms at 10:30 p.m., but my roommate and I stayed up until 4 in the morning and then we got up at 8:00 a.m. to have our breakfast. First we went to an aquarium where we were attacked by otters and a parrot called my name. We headed to the Geopark where the Mangrove Forests were. We had a tour there and were able to take a boat around the forest. We planted mangrove trees, we saw eagles, and we went through a bat-filled cave. I was also able to touch a stingray. It felt fuzzy. After we finished this tour we went to the big eagle statue in the center of Langkawi that was given to them by North Korea. After seeing the eagle we went to have dinner and get on the ferry. When we got back to DALAT it was about 10:00 p.m..
This was what the floating dock looked like.
This is a picture I took when I was in the underwater observatory.
This is the eagle in Langkawi.
This is the sea entry to the Mangrove Forest (which is 20 minutes away from the Thailand border).

No comments:
Post a Comment