Saturday, 15 February 2014

Escape, by Aimee



During our October break we went to Escape.  Escape is a fun park where there are lots of obstacle courses and climbing walls.  I was really excited to get started!  I started with Level One of "Monkey Business" (which is kind of like an obstacle course that is off the ground and it has three levels of difficulty).  I got my harness and started.  There were rope bridges and zip-lines and planks and little barrels that you crawl through.  At the first zip-line we caught up to this really slow guy so we had to wait for him for the rest of the course. 

Next I went on to "Gecko Tower".  It is like a house with climbing walls on all four sides but with different levels of difficulty and handholds, for example, rope, metal bars, an air conditioning unit, and stuff like that.  I wanted to do the hardest one so I tried it.  It was really fun! After trying both hard walls I watched my mom bungee jump.  She was jumping around four stories high!  It was really amazing.

After that I went to the tube race.  It is where you drag a round tube up the hill and ride down on the hill.  It is extremely fun! Hannah and I dragged our tubes up.  By the time we got up there I was sweating a lot but it was totally worth it!  I flew down the hill with the wind rushing at my face.  It was really exciting!!!

Then we went to the main zip-line.  It is the longest zip-line in Malaysia.  Sadly I could not go on it because I was too small.  So I went to "Go Ape".  It is where you climb trees but thankfully they attached handholds to make it easier.  I actually found it quite hard!

Finally I wanted to try "Monkey Business" again.  I went on it one time but at the end, as I was sliding down the zip-line, my harness turned around but I still had to grab the rope to stop myself.  So I grabbed the rope but I accidentally smashed my body into my hand.  It really hurt.  My family and I went to the first aid room.  They put a tension bandage on it and it felt much better!  Three days later it was still hurting and my mom and I went to the hospital and had x-rays and the doctor said I had swollen muscle tissue.  I had to wear a sling for two weeks and stop playing volleyball for awhile.


Hannah on Level One of "Monkey Business"

Kate

Aimee, Kate, and Elizabeth at "Gecko Tower"

Kate and Elizabeth coming down the tube ride

Kate on "Monkey Business"






Mom bungy jumping

No comments:

Post a Comment