Sunday, 30 March 2014

PTO Food and Fun Fair, by Elizabeth

It all started when it was after school on Friday, March 21 and my mom let me play around the school like I usually do. I played with my friends and soon it was 4:00. I then went to my Dad's office to get some coupons for food but he was not there, so I just went to the Food and Fun Fair by the basketball court. I met up with Rebekah and we played tug-of-war against some high schoolers.  There were a lot of elementary students versing only a few high schoolers.  We won the first time but lost the second time, but I stopped doing tug-of-war then because other people wanted me to play with them.  Also, I bruised my legs when someone fell on me.  Rebekah and I got our faces painted the same way which was a dandelion crown and stars on our cheeks. We then found Cara and we talked. I then got my food. When you purchase food you have to pay with a number of tickets, depending on the item. One ticket represented one Malaysian Ringgit. My dad gave me 7 Ringgit in tickets. For supper, I got chicken nuggets for 3 tickets, ice-cream for 2 tickets, and a cupcake for 2 tickets. We watched a little bit of the Junior auction, where people bid on services of a Junior (Grade 11). It is a fundraising activity for the Grade 11 class. My dad bid on a spa party for kids.  My mom and dad would not tell me who would be using the spa party but I am hoping that I can have a spa party for my next birthday. Then it was time to go. When we got home we watched some funny shows (Just for Laughs) on the computer.

Other foods that were available at the Food and Fun Fair and were eaten by our family:
Pulled Pork Sandwich

Pizza

Thai Noodles
Chicken Wings
Spring Roll
Lasagna
Other foods that were available were Mexican food, Indonesian noodles, Chinese fried rice, corn dogs, sushi, Korean noodles, Chinese dumplings, etc.

Here is a picture of some of my friends.  It was not taken at the Food and Fun Fair but a few days before.  It was the first day we had rain after more than 2 months and it was a really big storm including with lightning.  This picture was taken at the top of the stairs that lead down to the cafeteria.  The girls are Lyric, me, Rebekah, Jeta, and Lydia.

No comments:

Post a Comment