| One foot is more swollen than the other and has a bruise on top |
Saturday, 29 March 2014
Soccer Tournament, by Aimee
Yesterday (Saturday, March 21) we had a soccer tournament. It was really fun. We versed three other schools; they are all international private schools in Penang. I woke up at 6:00 to get to my school by 6:50 where we got on the school van. When we got to the school where we were playing we warmed up a little bit because we were just on a very long car ride. We first played Tenby. I played the first half of the game and I played midfield. Tenby was a very easy team. We beat them 4-0. I scored two goals. It was good practice for the games coming up. Next we versed Uplands. Uplands was the hardest school to play against. They have practiced for over two or three months. We had to work very hard with them. I was on first again. The first half they scored two goals against us. The second half we covered all the players and played very defensively so they didn't get any goals. The final score was 2-0. After that we had lunch and finally played our last game. This game would decide if we were in the championships or not. In the first half of the game we got two goals against them; I scored one of them. They were quite an easy team. The second half we got one more point. So that meant we made it to the championship against... Uplands (the hard team)! We got to rest for a while and watch the boys play and finally it was our turn. At first we were doing great; we didn't let any goals in and we were playing very defensively. It was tied 0-0. Then the second half came. Everyone was trying to get a goal but neither team could. About one minute before the game ended I was going in for the ball and a girl kicked me right in the middle of my foot and she tripped. I walked off to the side of the field because I couldn't play anymore because it hurt so much. The game ended and I took off my cleat and my sock and I had a big, blue bruise that was as big as an egg. To put it shortly I couldn't play in overtime. Sadly, we lost by one point in overtime. But we still had a really fun time playing all those games against other teams! And my puffy, bruised foot healed about a week later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment