Amed is more quiet and less touristy than the rest of Bali. We spent most of our time in Amed at the beach. The first beach we went to was close to our hotel. The beach was very rocky but the snorkeling was not too bad. One fish that I saw for the first time was a Moorish Idol fish.
 |
| Moorish Idol Fish |
The next place we went to snorkel was in Tulumben to see the shipwreck of the U.S.A.T. Liberty, an Army Cargo Ship that was sunk by the Japanese in the Second World War. Here is some information about the U.S.A.T. Liberty:
USAT Liberty.
This would have been an excellent site to dive around - to go down deeper and get a closer look.
 |
| Part of the Shipwreck |
 |
| Another part of the shipwreck |
We then spent our last two days in Amed at Jemuluk Beach. The snorkeling at Jemuluk Beach was great and even included an underwater Hindu Shrine. I would post pictures from the beach but the first time I (Garth) went into the water, I forgot to check that the door to the battery and SD card was completely closed. Needless to say the camera was ruined once I entered the water. I saw more Moorish Idol fish and a large Stingray fish at Jemuluk Beach.
To get to Jemuluk Beach we had to take a 10 minute motorcyle ride, which was very exciting for us all.
 |
| Hannah and Aimee taking a motorcycle to Jemuluk Beach |
 |
| Elizabeth going to the same place. Eileen got on the back of the motorcycle after she took the picture. This lady was our hostess at the homestay we stayed at |
 |
| Garth and Kate getting ready to go to Jemuluk Beach. We rode on the back of the motorcycles a couple of times and I don't think we could ever get tired of it! |
 |
| Jemuluk Beach |
 |
| View of Jemuluk Beach from a nearby hill |
No comments:
Post a Comment