About three times a week two men set up shop near the entrance to the Wet Market. The Wet Market is where we buy our fruits and vegetables, eggs, and chicken among other things (pork, fish, coconut milk, tofu, and some dry goods are also for sale there too). The two men set up a "thrift store" in a covered area that's open to the air. It has dresses and skirts only, some hanging up and others on the ground on top of tarps or in very large canvas bags. The easiest way to shop is to go through the racks because it is usually tight for space around the tarps and bags with lots of ladies sorting through things there. I have purchased about 4 skirts there in the last few months. The skirts obviously come from overseas somewhere as they are not the usual Malaysian style. It's fun to shop there even though there is no change room. The other ladies don't do this but I just go ahead and slip the clothing over what I'm wearing to check for an approximate fit. Sizes vary a lot here so you can't tell if something will fit from what the label size says, if it even has a label.
 |
| RM 5 is equal to about $1.66. If you buy 3 skirts, you pay RM 10 ($3.33). |
 |
| These are two of the skirts I have bought at the market |
No comments:
Post a Comment