Friday, 31 March 2017

Warriors Race, by Hannah

I was able to join a race a few weeks ago. It was a really amazing experience because it was actually a lot different from the normal races that I run. We had to run 10 km and about every 500 metres there were obstacles. Some of my favourite obstaces were a wall that you had to climb over and the station where we had to carry a sandbag. I finished the race in about 1:15 and I came 7th in the women's category. I had an amazing time and I really want to experience more races like this.
Starting line (I'm in the middle of the picture in the background with a big smile on my face)

Running alongside a Dalat parent


Flipping a tire


Climbing the wall

Carrying a bucket of cement - the hardest challenge


Gotta do those burpees because I couldn't do one of the challenges (we had one try to get a softball into a bucket that was about 10 meters away)

Crossing the finish line

I look really dead tired
Trying to drink a lot of water afterward

Me with my Spanish teacher, who ran the 10 km race without the obstacles

Me next to the wall after the race

One of the rocks I had to carry (with my mom's foot next to it to show the size)

Our group from Dalat (from left to right: my former English teacher, my former Spanish teacher, one of the Ed Tech guys at the school, his two sons, another student, me)

No comments:

Post a Comment