Bahasa is hard to learn. Most people here know English. Sometimes in Bahasa you do not have to say the English word "am". So 'saya lari', which literally means 'I run', is translated as 'I am running'. 'Nasi' means 'rice'. 'Mee' means 'noodles'. 'Dan' means 'and'. You just mix the letters around. 'Nasi dan mee'. 'Satu, dua, tiga, empat, lima, enam, tujuh, lapan, sembilan, sepuluh' means 'one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten'. We learned the numbers and the colours in a song. 'Selamat pagi' means 'good morning'. 'Terima kasih' means 'thank you' and 'sama-sama' means 'you're welcome'.
 |
| Numbers in Bahasa |
My Bahasa teacher's name is Miss Chan. We call her 'chiga' for 'teacher'. I have Bahasa on Tuesdays and Fridays in the morning. All elementary students at Dalat have to take Bahasa. Bahasa is great even though it is hard to learn. I like doing the sentences because I can just make 'saya' at the beginning and then do an action word. I also like the dialogues where you have to make the person buy something. Bahasa is really fun and I am really glad to learn another language without having to pay for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment