Saturday, 16 February 2013

Track and Field, By Aimee

It was Friday but it wasn't a normal Friday.  It was Track and Field Day for our school.  All the high schoolers and the middle schoolers went.  There were four teams:  Red, yellow, green, and blue. I was on the red team.  When we got to the stadium my friends and I just said, "Wow!" for about one minute because it was a really big stadium.  It was about as big as Rotary Stadium in Abbotsford.  There were a few announcements, then we started off with 100 meter girls.  I was in that race and I won that heat.  Then I went straight to long jump.  I was pretty good there but I did not place.  My dad was helping with long jump.  Then I had a break and bought myself a chocolate chip cookie.  Finally it was time for 200 meters.  I got second because I was versing the fastest person (faster even than boys) in middle school.  Then it was lunchtime and I rested for about an hour.  Finally, The 400 meters.  I got third in that race.  Next was the 100 meter final against all the other people who won in their heats.  I got second for that.  That means I can go to the zones when we go against other schools in our zone.  I will have to train really hard.  Then I had the 200 meter finals.  I got third in that race.  Finally the last event of the day:  The relay race.  We had to wait on the field for a long time.  I got a big sunburn and we had to sit down so we could not catch the breeze.  They announced that it was the U12 girls turn.  I ran with all the energy that was left in me.  Our team came third out of 8 teams.  Then came the announcement of who won the Track and Field Day.  Sadly, it was not my team (we came last) but my sister Hannah's team (green) came first.  Overall I had a very fun but tiring day.  Next time I would wear more sunscreen though.







No comments:

Post a Comment