Saturday, 16 November 2013
Christmas Banquet - Part One, by Hannah
This year, as a freshman, I get the opportunity to go to the Christmas Banquet (CB), a really nice dinner hosted by the student council for the high school. It is on the 6th of December this year. It has always been a Sadie Hawkins type banquet, which is where girls ask guys. There has also always been a special 'asking season' for each grade, meaning each grade could only ask at a certain time. The banquet has become a huge deal in the past few years turning a cute Christmas party into an opportunity to pair up, creating emotional and social drama. This year they changed the rules saying that there was no special time to ask and that anyone could ask anyone to the banquet. You could go as a group, single, or with a date. Also, freshmen generally go crazy around this time of year, since it is their first banquet and when they were middle schoolers they greatly looked forward to it. So my freshman class is pairing off to a huge extent. The other day I got asked by a boy and I said 'yes'. This is how it happened. The other day I was in the science room after school hanging out with my friends. CB came up in the conversation since most of my friends had been asked that day by different guys. A nice guy in my grade walked up and heard that the conversation was about CB and he asked me and to go with him. I was like, "Umm, can I tell you later?" I wasn't exactly prepared to be asked and I don't have a crush on him. But by the end of the night I had decided I would go with him only as friends. So that is how I am going to CB this year. I will write more about how it goes after CB happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment