It all started on November 14th when I got to school. My friends were there and we all agreed this one time that we could hardly wait until the bell rang for the start of school. Finally the bell rang and I ran to my locker. My teacher would not open the classroom door right away because she was still setting up. Some of my classmates were bringing hats back and forth because they would be a gift for the Japanese students. We waited and waited and waited . . . . finally my teacher Mrs. Sasse opened the door. Mrs. Sasse told me that my Japanese buddy could not come. I was sad but Mrs. Sasse said I would be partners with a girl in the other Grade 3 class named Lydia and with her Japanese student. Mrs. Sasse also said that we would be late for lunch. We then made a big line to welcome the Japanese students. They were from a Japanese school here in Penang. We all met down in the Chapel. Then people said a few announcements. Mrs. Fischer (the elementary principal) and Mrs. Yamaguchi (who is a Japanese mom) called out our partners. I was partnered with Yusana (and Lydia). We started by going with our Japanese buddy to New York which was actually the computer room. Our Japanese buddy would listen to a video about Dalat School and then answer questions. Then we went to Hollywood, which was actually a Grade 4 classroom, where we did a craft. You would write your name on a star and decorate the star. We got our picture taken there. Then we went to Chicago (actually the Student Centre) which was a dancing station. We would dance to music and it said what steps to do. Next it was Texas (the soccer field) which was rodeo games. We would dress in rodeo clothes and have to run a distance and after that we would have to lasso someone. That was my favourite station. Then we had a snack. It was hotdogs. I was super hungry. Then the Japanese students danced to a song and sang a song for us. Then it was lunch and I was super, duper hungry. I can't wait until next year when I get to go to their school and have Japanese Exchange Day there.
![]() |
| This is me in "Hollywood" |

No comments:
Post a Comment