Sunday, 27 January 2013

My Birthday, by Aimee

Taken on the way back from Chilies restaurant.  The back of our "dolphin" van is on the left.  In the background is a display (in red) for Chinese New Year.
The burned out van in front of Gurney Mall.

Flamingo Hotel


My birthday is January 27th - today!  Today I woke up and everyone said happy birthday.  I was happy!  We had scones for breakfast.  They had dried cranberries and mango in them.  Then we had to go to church.  I got a present there from my Sunday School teacher.  It was a mug with a girl and a flower on it.  It is really pretty.  I am going to use it to put my pencils and pens in.  After church we went to Chilies, a restaurant in Gurney.  Chilies is a South-West type of restaurant that has really good food like burgers and quesadillas.  I had country fried chicken crispers and french fries, with really good, sweet lemonade that tasted like it had just been squeezed.  We also shared really yummy tortillas chips with salsa.  After I had lunch we saw this burnt up van.  I have no idea how it burned up though. Then I went to the Flamingo Hotel pool.  It was really cold water but felt really good since it was a hot day.  We swam for a pretty long time.  The presents I have gotten so far are a soccer ball, some stickers, a notebook, a book about soccer, a necklace and a few other things from my friends.  My parents will give me a present after dinner.  I guess that it is a book.  It was a really relaxing birthday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment