When I found out that we were going to Thailand I was so excited. I thought this trip would be awesome especially going to the main part of the city and the malls where we could go shopping for clothes and shoes. I knew the city would be busy with lots of people. So the day before we were going to leave I was so excited because I knew this was going to be fun. Finally the day arrived and I was more scared than happy. Would our purses get stolen in Thailand? Did Thai people know English? Would there be lots of Western food? I didn't know anything. When we started our trip we boarded a bus to go to the ferry terminal.
 |
| We had to wait for the ferry but it wasn't long. Cars could go on the ferry too. The ferry ride was short but the view was nice and we saw lots of jellyfish, big and small. Then we headed to the railroad to get on the train. |
 |
| The trip to Bangkok was really long. On the train ride we saw some monkeys. Lots of people were surprised we saw monkeys we were glad we saw something besides farmland. |
 |
| After we were on the train for a day, this is what it looked like at night. We really needed to be quiet because there were people sleeping around us. We got up and down the top bunk using a ladder. There was also a curtain you could pull across to make it very dark and more private. The bottom bunk had a window, but the top bunk did not have a window. It was hard to sleep with the train moving. |
 |
| As we continued on the next morning, all we could see was more farmland, rice crops, and scarecrows. It continued like that until we reached Bangkok. |
 |
| After a few days we headed to an elephant camp to go on an elephant ride. I was really excited and was able to sit on the neck of the elephant. It was awesome but my dad was really scared. There was also a baby elephant with its mother. |
 |
| We got to feed the elephants bananas. The trunk is like a hand because it grabbed onto the food and it ate the whole banana at one time, peel and all. |
 |
| We went to a floating market, which was very busy. People sold coconuts, fruits and vegetables, and souvenirs. |
 |
| This was in a teak furniture shop. This was my favourite item in the shop because this girl was made of gold and was really pretty. |
 |
| On our last full day in Bangkok we went to a cultural show and saw some Thai boxing. One boxer was really pretend mad that he lost the match so he punched the referee. That guy had anger management issues! |
 |
| We also saw some martial arts and sword fighting at the cultural show. |
 |
| We saw some Thai dancing after a Thai wedding at the cultural show. |
 |
| One of the last dances at the Cultural Show was a dance using all the flags of the world. Can you see the Canadian flag? |
No comments:
Post a Comment