 |
| This was one of the nicer towns we passed on the train ride travelling to Bangkok. The houses in this town were normal modern houses but there were also houses made of scraps of metal. We also passed towns that were located in the country. The people who lived there mostly harvested rice and stuff like that from what we could see. |
 |
This was the back part of our room at the guesthouse. There were four beds in this back part and two beds in the front. The hotel room also had a T.V and a fridge. It was very nice where we were located. We were located right by the subway and sky-train. Plus there were lots of food stalls and vendors near us. There was a big mall near us too with a book store. I mostly read the Bop magazine when we went to the bookstore. |
 |
We went to two monkey places. There was tons of monkeys and we got to feed them. But they are really sneaky and dangerous. They lunge at you and try and take your food even when you don't want to give it to them. Both Kate and Elizabeth got scared. They don't look harmful but beware. |
 |
We went on an elephant ride! It was awesome but bumpy. The fur on the elephant felt very leathery. There was this other man we did not know and he was riding on an elephant that had a baby elephant leashed to it. It was cute! I guess the baby wanted to play because the two elephants started swimming in the lake with the man still on the big elephant. I wish I was riding that elephant. But I did get to ride on the elephant's neck without a saddle like our guide. My dad was very scared when he rode on the neck of the elephant. He kept on saying "Ohhhh" and "Ahhhh". I laughed my head off. I thought it was thrilling and I asked to do it again. The people who are riding on the elephant above are Mommy, Kate, and Lizzie. |
Elephant Ride Gone Wrong!
 |
We watched part of an elephant show and daddy wanted to be a volunteer. What he did not know is that the elephant would give him a wet willy and step on him. It was very funny. |
 |
| This was at Tiger Temple. The guides took pictures of people posing with tigers and we got to play with other animals, for example, we got to play with a deer. This was a baby tiger. It was adorable. People lined up to take pictures with it. I didn't feel like taking my picture with it so I just took a picture of the tiger by itself. |
 |
After we got to walk a tiger on a leash we went down to a place called Tiger Canyon. A volunteer lead us around to three stations to take a picture of us posing with a tiger. One of the tigers, a leader told us, was the playboy of Tiger Temple. Models traveled far and wide to have pictures taken with the playboy tiger, I guess for their fashion photos. |
 |
We were glad to be back home after a great trip. It was the perfect time to come back home. We took the airplane back home and thankfully it was a short trip. Thank you, Lord, for such a great and safe Christmas vacation. |
Aimee, you are a wonderful writer. Mr Morris and I laughed a lot especially about your Dad and the Elephant. When we were in Thailand we did go swimming with the elephants and they sprayed us with water. Thank-you so much for writing about your experiences!!
ReplyDelete